Listen to Episode #26 Now
Everyone is losing their minds. Flat out - we're obsessed with Snapchat. But why? Why do we use it the way we use it? And why did our special guest used to receive 40 "below-the-belt" pics a day from random strangers? Well - ladies, gents - we've got answers. Special guest Virginia Salas Kastilio and the guys cover:
- The reality of becoming a Snapchat celebrity
- Why are we obsessed with Snapchat?
- The evolutionary and social underpinnings of why we use Snapchat
- How does Kevin use Snapchat?
- Also: how much ridiculous, dramatic music can Mohnish get away with?
And more, all on this episode. P.S. Sign up for our email list and get bonus materials you can't get anywhere else.
Who is Virginia Salas Kastilio?
- Virginia really blew me away with how fun it was to talk to her. She's got a t-shirt brand which is based in an interesting idea: you see someone wearing the shirt, you give them a hug. Here's the link.
- She's the founder and CEO of the very first (not kidding) Snapchat consulting agency. If you want to grow a product launch, your business, or any other pet project, and you think Snapchat can help you get there, she's actually the best in the biz.
- We also alluded to Virginia's fame. Here's her username: ginicanbreathe. Add her!
- Signaling Theory baby! We've talked about it a billion times, but here's a breakdown of the idea.
- Here's a wonderful breakdown of the pros and cons of fame. Very insightful essay.
- Cornell study which shows the differences in the way we use Snapchat vs. other social media platforms.
Production and Credits
Host, Producer, Editor, Sound Design, Research: Mohnish Soundararajan
Co-Host, Editor: Kevin Sanji
Feedback: Jarrod Sport, Kevin Sanji, and Justine Brumm
Intro Music: Electric Mantis