Listen to Season Two, Episode #17 Now
Everyone - from your grandmother that you never call because she lit the house on fire, to your next door neighbor - wants to be confident. But what does the research say? Mohnish and Kevin dive into how exactly to build real, long-term confidence and cover:
- Is "Fake It Till You Make It" a good strategy?
- Why is low confidence a good thing?
- Why is "not thinking about building confidence" actually the way in which you build confidence? (hint: it's not what you think)
- What's the one thing about building confidence that no one seems to talk about?
For more material on this episode, including links to relevant research and more fun stuff, check out realtalkstudio.com.
P.S. You should sign up for our email list (Insider). It's awesome.
Research, Fun Stuff, and More
- Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic Ph.D (again, who's an actual researcher and breaks down the evidence) has an incredible book that covers this topic deeply. The book is wonderful (from career to dating, it really covers it all) and it's the book that really crystallized for me that it's competence first (always) and then confidence. Wonderful read, felt giddy like a school girl who just bought a Hello Kitty backpack after reading it.
- The Mating Grounds has an incredible podcast that kickstarted my journey down the confidence rabbit hole - check it out here. The team over there is brilliant - highly recommend it.
Production Credits and Special Thanks
Host, Producer, Editor, Research: Mohnish Soundararajan
Co-Host: Kevin Sanji
Special Effects: Angels Singing Anthem Sound Effect
Music: Electric Mantis